Welcome back to Mom2 and Dad2...thanks for the fabulous whale photos! You guys really deserved a vacation and it was so great to get all the email updates!
Other recent updates...
Greg and I spent last weekend hanging with his friends from undergrad, since Tim and Christina came up from GA. That will be the last time all the "animals" see each other until Kent's wedding in April. We had a great time! Also, Brad and Elaine just welcomed their second baby (a boy) on Friday. Yay!
We spent last Monday with Jon and Kirsten, going to dinner and a movie ("The Other Guys"...hilarious!), then spending the night in their new home. The boys played video games almost all night while Kirsten and I had a "True Blood" marathon. In the morning, Jon made us all a fabulous and yummy breakfast!
After that, we spent the rest of the week in WV with Mom and Dad. Greg worked hard on his thesis while I worked hard "geezin" with Mom and Dad. We picked berries at Orrs, helped the neighbors pack a UHaul, read, chatted, watched a movie, and even learned some German. It was a fabulous and relaxing time. We even went out to dinner to have an early celebration for Greg finishing his thesis. It was absolutely amazing! Thank you!
This past weekend I went to North Carolina with Dawn and Chris to see my high school friend, Christine get married. We had a wonderful time and she, of course, was absolutely stunning. I know she and Ashley (what a Southern name!) will be very happy together. While I was traveling, Greg spent the weekend in WV with my parents. They hung out, talked about the stars, watched a movie, ate some brats, and had a great time. Greg and I were busy one-upping each other by text as to who was having the most fun.
Now, back to the work week. Greg is busy putting the final touches on his thesis and I am packing. Well, pretty much everything is packed so I am actually enjoying some lounge time :)
You two are having quite an amazing summer! Congrats Greg on all of your hard work. You've spent so much time and effort and I'm glad you finally get to taste success. Best of luck when you defend your thesis. We had so much fun having you over, and I hope we can do it one more time to celebrate your awesomeness before you move!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd we loved the visiting!
Love,
Mom (G)
Kirsten...I loved the reference to awesomeness :) Mom...I think of you guys every day around 2 when I should be having coffee and kuchen and am packing instead.
ReplyDelete