Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ah! I was going to upload a cute photo of Wyn, a pumpkin, and myself, but apparently we have used up all our free picture storage. Stay tuned, and I will fix that as soon as I can. In the mean time, here is a link.

Meanwhile...Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone is having a fantastic day! I apologize to those of you who are awaiting emails from me...it's been an extremely hectic week. We've invited Greg's bosses and their families for Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday (since our normal Hopkins crowd has changed up a bit this year) and I've been running around all week preparing. Funny how all of a sudden I realized we don't have enough actual bowls to make things...

I spent all morning at the grocery store and walked back extremely grateful for the invention of the Smartphone. It's amazing how difficult it is to go grocery shopping for a traditional American meal in another country. In addition to the time spent doing these things at home, I spent even more time double-checking measurement conversions, finding new translations for various ingredients, and Googling substitutions for things I never found. I think I STILL have to go back tomorrow. Whew! Still, I'm super excited to be making some traditional family recipes. Thanks Mom, Tommi, and Annamieka for providing some inspiration!

I'll keep Skype on throughout the next few days and hopefully we will get a chance to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving in person. have a wonderful day! We are SO lucky to have you all in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment