Sunday, April 21, 2013

Racing into Spring

We've had a lovely weekend this weekend! How nice to have everyone healthy and have some nice weather to go along with it! I ran my very first 10K in Skrylle on Saturday while Greg and Wyn stayed home and worked in the trädgården (garden...our back yard...). Today Greg and Wyn went for a bike ride then we had Caroline, Lotta, and Kira over for lunch, etc. We even sung happy birthday to Dad! What a fantastic weekend! Hooray! Finally! Enjoy some pictures below :) We are doing our best with a broken camera...
 photo 919988_10151692726714985_1727262969_o_zps5a3067c6.jpg
Right before the finish line...I think I can, I think I can...there were some REALLY tough hills at the end, but I made it! 1 hour and 2 minutes...not bad for my first time. I'm VERY proud...and sore :)
 photo 902048_10151692723089985_2021253455_o_zps595aaca4.jpg
Posing with my running buddies. Husband and wife team are on either side of me, then there is Jenny and Angela. All nice and all inspiring.
 photo IMG_0243_zpsb46281b7.jpg
Greg, working hard while I was at the race. Too bad there aren't any pictures of Wyn helping him...it was adorable! I came home to Greg working hard and Wyn wandering around with a mini rake "helping". Greg pulled TONS of disgusting things out of our backyard...lots of random sharp objects, too. Hadn't been looked after in a long time. YAY, Greg!
 photo IMG_0265_zpsa36630e8.jpg
Proudly planting a couple flowers...just a start!
 photo IMG_0245_zpsb5ebca92.jpg
Lotta, Kira, Greg, and Wyn checking out a new path to Skrylle...we even went by some sheep! Wyn LOVED it! She kept saying "Baaa!".
 photo IMG_0277_zps30b1ace0.jpg
Greg, Lotta, Caroline, and the girls hanging out in our backyard. See, there IS spring in Sweden! Sort of. Soon we hope to have some patio furniture and a grill so we can enjoy the space a bit more. 
 photo IMG_0274_zpsb3993acc.jpg
Wyn serving us snacks. Kira is enjoying hers while wearing a little "bling" from Wyn's purse.
 photo IMG_0272_zps1e6b71ef.jpg
Learning to skateboard. 
 photo IMG_0270_zps98f445b5.jpg
Now everybody's in on the action! This is also to show how changed the backyard is...looks empty now (will change soon), but MAN does it look better than before!
 photo IMG_0269_zpse3f5beb6.jpg
On the bike! Wyn may look nervous here, but she was cracking up and saying "Wheee!" before and after the photo was taken.
 photo IMG_0266_zps2037476f.jpg
Daddy/daughter bike ride this morning before our guests arrived. Greg and Wyn headed out towards Skrylle while I got a few last minute things together. They had a great time!

2 comments:

  1. So glad all are feeling better! Congratulations on the run, Jenny, and on the gardening, Greg!
    Love,
    Mom g

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should say that I wrote this too soon...Greg is definitely still sick. Nasty cold. Ugh. Eventually we'll all get through it!

    ReplyDelete