Monday, June 24, 2013

Race Day Fun

Aloha all,

For some reason I had this post all set, but never got around to actually posting it.  So, here it is...

Last saturday was my first ever race, in which I ran the Malmö Milen ("Swedish Mile" = 10km).  We had a fabulous day.  We met our friends Brittany and Zach who also ran in the race in Lund and took an early train to Malmö.  The main purpose for going early was to get my number bib.  They messed up sending it to me, so it was good to go early and get that squared away.  Funny enough, I had signed up for the 50-55min runtime for the start, but all they had left was 45-50min or 55-60min.  So, I chose the 45-50min to push myself.

We then had a picnic in the park where the race would begin.  It was fun just hanging out in the Sun.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day!  Wyn also had a fantastic time dancing to the music that was playing.  She was basically dancing the whole day.  Even during the big group warm-up, she ran over to the crowd to dance along.  It was pretty cute.

The race then began at 3pm.  It was a beautiful track.  We got to see parts of Malmö I'd never seen.  It was great running along the water and around the Turning Torso.  It was also pretty great to see all the crowds around the track watching and cheering us runners on.  There were about 7,000 runners in total which was also pretty cool.  Anyway, the run felt great and I ended up finishing at 48:24.  I was really happy with that time.  I was hoping to just run it in 50 minutes.  The best part was coming to the finish and hearing Jenny and Wyn cheering me on!  Apparently, when Wyn saw me, she was totally ecstatic and wanted to immediately find me.  So sweet.

Anyway, enjoy the pics!




No comments:

Post a Comment