We've had an eventful week and a lovely weekend. Things seem to be looking up...our laundry machine was fixed on Friday (Did I mention we discovered we'd been using fabric softener this whole time instead of laundry detergent? I guess my Swedish still needs some improvement...), I picked up my new glasses, and I have a job interview on Wednesday! It's at 9am with Fitness 24/7 in Lund. I need to prepare one song for the audition. Cross your fingers (or hold your thumbs, if you are Swedish) that I get the job! Oh yes, also I spilled tea all over my laptop halfway through my Swedish essay (MAJOR bummer). The laptop is completely dead and no data could be recovered (argh), but our Swedish property insurance will cover most of the cost of a new one. Hooray!
In other news, Greg is doing well and Wyn is still having fun at dagis. Greg is having a beer night on Tuesday with our friend Zach, so that should be fun. He's also in the throws of grant proposals and decisions on work travel for the year. Wyn and I will have a little girl time :) Actually, she will probably go to sleep and I'll do some homework, hehe. Wyn is transitioning to her new bed pretty well. At first, she didn't seem to realize she could get out on her own, but now she gets up to check on us once she's up. The first morning I nearly had a heart attack when Greg was in the shower, I was cutting my nails, and all of a sudden the door opens and Wyn is behind it grinning.
We had Caroline, Lotta, Kira, and James (the dog) over for dinner and a playdate yesterday and it was a blast. We hadn't seen them in a while and Wyn was SUPER excited to have them over. Apparently Kira said Wyn was her best friend and that definitely made our hearts soar. She also made Wyn a necklace which Wyn never wants to take off. We enjoyed a delicious dinner and the girls watched "Frozen". Today I headed into Lund to take a Spinning class for some interview preparation and Greg and Wyn met me in town afterwards. We had lunch and checked out the Lund library. We were on time to get back to the bus (diaper change, check...) when all of a sudden Wyn needed ANOTHER diaper change (3 minutes after the first one. She ran through the children's area of the library yelling "poop again!". So we did a rush change, and the three of us sprinted through Lund to make it as the bus was pulling away. Some crazy dancing was involved, but we got on.
I think that's about it! Enjoy some photos below! We hope everyone is doing well back home!
In other news, Greg is doing well and Wyn is still having fun at dagis. Greg is having a beer night on Tuesday with our friend Zach, so that should be fun. He's also in the throws of grant proposals and decisions on work travel for the year. Wyn and I will have a little girl time :) Actually, she will probably go to sleep and I'll do some homework, hehe. Wyn is transitioning to her new bed pretty well. At first, she didn't seem to realize she could get out on her own, but now she gets up to check on us once she's up. The first morning I nearly had a heart attack when Greg was in the shower, I was cutting my nails, and all of a sudden the door opens and Wyn is behind it grinning.
We had Caroline, Lotta, Kira, and James (the dog) over for dinner and a playdate yesterday and it was a blast. We hadn't seen them in a while and Wyn was SUPER excited to have them over. Apparently Kira said Wyn was her best friend and that definitely made our hearts soar. She also made Wyn a necklace which Wyn never wants to take off. We enjoyed a delicious dinner and the girls watched "Frozen". Today I headed into Lund to take a Spinning class for some interview preparation and Greg and Wyn met me in town afterwards. We had lunch and checked out the Lund library. We were on time to get back to the bus (diaper change, check...) when all of a sudden Wyn needed ANOTHER diaper change (3 minutes after the first one. She ran through the children's area of the library yelling "poop again!". So we did a rush change, and the three of us sprinted through Lund to make it as the bus was pulling away. Some crazy dancing was involved, but we got on.
I think that's about it! Enjoy some photos below! We hope everyone is doing well back home!
| Wyn enjoying her new Peppa Pig travel bed, a Christmas gift from Uncle John. Awesome! Thank you! |
| Wyn cracking up on the walk to dagis. The walk was MUCH more fun through snow. Wyn loves picking up huge balls of snow and tossing them in the air. |
| My two cuties loving the snow. |
I did that too when I was living in Rome! Spent two months washing my clothes in fabric softener :)
ReplyDelete-MD Mary
Hahahaa, NOW I see this comment :) Thank you for making me feel better!
ReplyDeleteLove the snow pics! We will have to build a snow family today after the snow stops! :)
ReplyDelete