Saturday, July 19, 2014

Beach, Bikes, and Fun!

Hej Alla! It's been a while since we've posted, but things have been busy and somewhat uneventful over here since Tommi, Derek, Zach, and Ash headed home. Wyn has been settling in nicely to "summer dagis" and has been having a blast playing with the bigger kids. Greg has been busy getting work done before our vacation and he just had a paper accepted! You can download a copy here and check it out :) Yay Greg! I've been teaching Spinning® twice a week and have also been prepping for my second job to begin August 4th. These past couple weeks have really flown by. More descriptions of our activities will follow with the pictures below. 

Today we are keeping ourselves busy by packing for our big trip. Tomorrow we leave for Leiden (15 minutes outside of Amsterdam) to meet up with Lynn, Sundar, and Ben. On Thursday we'll head into London and on Saturday Liz, Pete, and Joseph will meet up with us. Monday Wyn and I head home while Greg heads to his meeting in Cambridge. We are SUPER excited for our week away as a family and it will be awesome to catch up with friends. I will most likely not update the blog until we return, so until then...enjoy the pictures! I even found a couple more of Tommi, Derek, Zach, and Ash's visit!

Basically the only three people wide awake the day of arrival.

Tommi and Derek were champs...they only snoozed a couple minutes!

Even through the insanity!

We went to the beach last weekend and had a blast. We headed to Lomma this time and it was fantastic. Definitely a place to take our next visitors...Mom and Dad, I think? You can see Malmö, Denmark, and the bridge between the two from the beach and the water is super shallow and the sand is super soft. Wyn had a blast rolling around in it like a crazy person.


Excellent photo of Greg and Wyn with the bridge in the background.

More beach love.

Greg and Wyn...if you look closely, you can see the marina in the background.

Wyn and I having a snuggle during picnic lunch.

Posing.

More posing on the way home.

Wyn and I went to the Dalby pool yesterday and met up with our neighbor Emily and her Mom Jessica. We had a blast and the girls loved splashing around and playing with the water. I was toasted after a particularly difficult spin class (my fault, but still), so the water felt great.


Daddy/daughter love. I subbed a class this week (did the zombie ride again and it went over REALLY well!) and had book club, so they had some love time just the two of them :)

I BOUGHT A BIKE!!! It's used, but this picture makes it look MUCH fancier than it really is. Actually, when I went into the store the guy said this is the cheapest, ugliest one we have, nobody will steal it. I think it's really sturdy and has character. My colleagues at the gym still think someone could steal it (Jenny's husband Jonas has a record of 5 bikes stolen in 3 years), but hopefully it will be safe. I'll be using it to get to and from the bus and both jobs once August hits, so it will be my life force, rain or shine. 

Greg's family love-fest at work. I love it!

Wyn and I headed into Lund this morning to pick up a second lock for my "new" bike (after warnings from friends and colleagues) and we came home with a bike for Wyn, too! She LOVES it and totally rocks on it. Adorable and fun :)

Mommy/daughter love. The top picture is the two of us this morning headed out to the bike shop in Lund...Wyn's FIRST trip outside of Dalby without the stroller. The second is Wyn and I doing our nails in preparation for vacation :) She picked purple for herself and red for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment