Saturday, September 6, 2014

Ohmygoodness, it's September!

Hello family! Hello friends! Yes, yes, it's been a while (again) since we've posted. Basically, the last few weeks have been insane. Greg has been busy with work, Wyn has been exhausted from LOVING Igelkotten (and not napping anymore) and I have been doing my best to adjust to the working world again. I've been exhausted and basically working nonstop. Hopefully this weekend is the start to NOT working every night and weekend anymore. The first month or so of teaching is always rough, but it's even more so after a gap of a couple years and with the extra confusion of a new language. I'm pooped. My colleagues are great and the students are pretty sweet, so hopefully I will continue to see the light a bit. The good news is I'm LOVING my job at the gym. I had my first Power class on Monday and it went well. I also subbed for a spin class last evening. It was cute, since I actually brought Wyn with me and Brittany and Zach hung out with her at the gym while I taught. They are awesome. Afterwards we all had pizza and Greg arrived home from his trip just in time to meet up with us. Hooray!!! Greg's season of travel has begun, starting with a mini-meeting this week. He has a talk coming up later this month, then a big trip to the States at the end of the month. We're trying to squeeze in as much love time as we can right now. 

Oh! Here is the promotional video that I'm in. It's showing on the Actic website and it plays continually at the entrance of the gym. Hehe. It's the first video that pops up...entitled "Actic Power". Can you find me? I'm in it several times, but am pretty obvious towards the end.

For now, enjoy our picture updates below! Have a wonderful week and weekend! I hope everyone back home enjoyed their Labor Day...we don't get those over here :)



Above are some shots of the kids area in Skrylle that I mentioned the last time. These were taken during that initial visit and you can see what a blast we had. Hopefully we'll go back again soon. What a great resource to have so close to home!


These were taken before/during my fancy work trip to Stockholm. I had my colleague take my photo since I didn't think any family members would believe I was dressed so fancily. On the right is the moose that made his way home to see Wyn :)

And this is an example of one of the lovely dinners Greg made during those first two weeks!

Here are some random Wyn antics. Greg was at a work party one evening a week ago, so Wyn and I had pasta for dinner. It was loaded with spinach and I was actually surprised she ate it, so we sent a picture to Greg. On the right is a shot of the neighborhood cat that Wyn has been following around. Wyn LOVES this cat and loves cats in general. Too bad for a family of dog lovers, if allergies weren't an issue (with both animals), we would probably get a cat.

 
The past few weeks have been insane with both Greg and I working evenings and weekends. Here is a shot of Wyn helping Daddy work and another shot of them recovering.


These two are Wyn and I in a coffee shop the morning of our Mommy/daughter day at work. Technically, I'm off Fridays, but the first Friday that I was scheduled to actually be off was the school's opening ceremony. SO...Wyn and I both went :) We started the day off right with a kanelbulle and cappuccino. Tilly stuck to water.

Here Wyn is experiencing the food in our lunch room and testing out a locker. If it looks empty, it's because these photos were taken AFTER most people had gone. Wyn was a mixture of excited and nervous the whole time so there was a lot of flirting, screaming, dancing, screaming, etc. going on throughout the morning. She met some of my students and colleagues and saw the students sing as well as a band play. She colored with the nurse and partied outside of the building. All in all a good day.


Above are shots of Wyn playing in the front school yard. The top picture is looking at the new building, the bottom looks away. There is a whole bunch of stuff around the other end as well that I didn't take a picture of. Also no classroom or office pics this time...maybe when I'm more settled and/or when Wyn isn't losing it.

Here Wyn is enjoying a celebratory hot chocolate. We took two buses to and from work (the bike I usually use for the second leg doesn't have a child seat) and the switch is VERY conveniently located near a hot chocolate stop :) You can also see Wyn snoozing after a long day.

If you've seen "Guardians of the Galaxy" you'll appreciate this t-shirt. If you can't read it, it sayd "Groot Beer". Perfect for Greg, since he loves root beer and hasn't really had any over here.
Greg now drops Wyn off every morning and I pick her up in the afternoons. This stone is on the way and Greg and Wyn have a dance party there every morning. Awesome. It's nice to receive these pictures on my phone on my way into work because often I feel like I barely see them before I have to run out of the house.

Dalby had a little mini carnival two weekends ago and it was a blast. We saw tons of people we knew, so I guess we are really becoming locals. At the time, I had only had students for a week and I saw FOUR students that weekend! Now nowhere is safe ;) This is Wyn and Kira on one of the rides. Wyn could have stayed here all day. She tried all of the cars and was very serious about moving the steering wheel and honking the horn.

 
To the left is Greg and Wyn rocking the teacups. This picture is pretty nice, considering I can't really watch that ride without feeling ill. They sure had fun though. On the right is evidence that our little lady is growing up. Last weekend we switched Wyn's room around and set her up in a big girl bed. Caroline, Lotta, and Kira were trying to get rid of it and we gladly scooped it up. Wyn LOVES her new room setup and has been great about sleeping in her new bed. She seems so big now, but when she's asleep in this bed it's hilarious and adorable because she takes up such a tiny portion.

Random silliness.

On the left is Wyn being massively helpful. She is actually putting away the clean silverware. Really! It's awesome. I cannot look at the photo on the right without cracking up. Today we cleaned the house and did a little yardwork. Greg was really going at the toilet (it has some gross water stains from before we moved in that are getting worse) and Wyn was watching intently...with her helmet on. Awesome. This evening we are headed to see Brittany and Zach and tomorrow we are headed into Malmö for the day. We're slowly but surely trying to get back into spending time with one another and not working so much. We'll see how it goes! I'm finally starting to see the light, but haven't been able to enjoy it, because now instead of working all night I just fall asleep at 6pm. Ha!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the updates and photos! Your school is very beautiful and modern looking. I also love your fancy outfit. ;) I tried to view the gym video but I'm getting an error message - don't know if it is the video link or if the website is down. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also laughed out loud at the "groot beer" shirt... love it! I can't believe I haven't posted to my blog in 2 years... I need to get on it! :)

    ReplyDelete