Sunday, March 4, 2012

Kloster Andechs

Aloha all,

Yesterday, Jenny and I decided that it would be fun to take a family trip somewhere to get out of the apartment for the day, and also to partially celebrate our move to Lund.  What better fun than to visit an old abbey, Kloster Andechs, and have a drink of their freshly brewed beer.  We took the S-bahn to Herrsching, which lies next to Ammersee just southwest of Munich.  We then proceeded to take a 2.5 mile hike to Andechs.  It was really fun, and Wyn definitely enjoyed looking at the surroundings during the hike.  When we reached Andechs, we were all starving so we quickly found the Bräustüberl.  Jenny had their specialty wurst,sauerkraut and a helles beer, while I had fried pork roast, kartoffelsalat, and their doppelbock dunkel.  Wyn had her usual, milk-a-la-mama.

While there we also managed to have a look inside the monastery, which was extremely beautiful.  By this point Wyn was getting a bit anxious, so we began our walk back to Herrsching.  Wyn immediately fell asleep.  However, once we were back on the S-bahn, she got a bit cranky, so we had to jump off a few times to settle her and then proceed on the next bahn.  Anyway, a good time was definitely had by all.  We relaxed a bit once home, and Jenny and I had yummy Cincinnati Chilli, along with corn bread, while watching Hot Fuzz.  And, Wyn even blessed us with a solid night of sleeping, only waking up once to have a snack and then letting us sleep in until 7AM -- woot!

Today, we had my coworker, Maria, and her two kids over for a pizza lunch and a movie (Ice Age), which was fun.  Jenny and I are now looking forward to having a relaxing afternoon of just hanging out and discussing logistics for our transition to Lund. Pictures from yesterday's adventures, as well as some other miscellaneous pics, can be seen below!  Enjoy!


On the foot path between Herrsching and Andechs.

Two cuties!

I got to hold her a sec while Jenny adjusted the wrap.

In front of Kloster Andechs.

Inside Andechs.

A bit of reading after a fun-filled day.

I'm not the only one who loves Spezi!

Give me the ball, Dad.

Now on to some other random pics!

Hey, what's that in the sink?

Cute!

I got a visit from Jenny and Wyn at work on Friday afternoon.  Wyn got to help Maria and I figure out how a star was polluted with large amounts of Silicon and Aluminum.  Very exciting!

A bit of fun before leaving for home.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the great pics! Will have trouble choosing which ones to print (if we EVER get more ink). Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's doing a lot more smiling now, my next visit should be much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture of Wyn smiling at Greg is priceless! Make sure you visit Rotenburg before you move, if you haven't already! =)

    ReplyDelete