Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Greg's Office...Ooooohhh!

We had a nice weekend walking around both Lund and Dalby. We saw a few cute shops and coffee shops (NO Starbucks to be found!) in Lund and are looking forward to exploring them more in-depth with visitors. On Sunday, we went to our new home to measure some things, visualize, make lists, etc...anything we can do before the movers arrive God knows when. We were finished about lunch time and realized it was too late to catch the bus back to Lund (only runs every hour on Sundays), so we ended up having a delicious Sunday brunch at the restaurant in Dalby. Apparently it is quite the big deal, and it was really fun to get to know that fun part of our village. I even had some pickled herring! They were, of course, enthralled with Wyn...even though we forgot her bib and she had food all over the fancy tablecloth and rug!

In other news, we have a preschool spot! This is crazy and way faster than we thought it would happen. Basically, Wyn begins forskola (preschool, but really daycare at this age) on Monday. The three of us went in to check it out today and all seems ok. Right now there are only 9 kids in the 1-3 age group. The ladies in charge were quite nice and one spoke with us for quite a while in English, so we feel quite comfortable there. They go outside every day, so our job is to get Wyn some rain overalls this weekend, hehee. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I will be going in there with her all day and on Thursday I will drop her off. She will be there 9-2 every day. I am nervous, of course, since this will be our first time away from each other for so long, but I know it will be great for both of us. I'm glad she will have the opportunity to spend time with other kids and adults, and it will give me the chance to take Swedish classes and find a job. Win win!
 Greg in his new office...no sharing! Hooray!
 Wyn exploring the door of Daddy's office. This whole area is really cool because it is all windows. 
 Wyn and Greg, enjoying the local cafe.
 Glamour girls!
 Outside the lovely brunch place in Dalby.
A somewhat morbid view from the old church in Dalby.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you guys are getting settled in a bit and learning your way around. The preschool for Wyn sounds fabulous!!! She will enjoy it! I know it will be hard to be away from her, but just wait for the reunion smiles every day when you pick her up. Those are the best!!!! The pictures are great!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg's office furniture looks, a little, IKEA-ish haha! ;)
    -MD Mary

    ReplyDelete