Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bronchitis

Hej all! We had been having a fairly uneventful week until yesterday. Wyn has been coughing all night each night (hella natten varje natten) for the past few weeks and we decided to call the doctor since we are now all pretty exhausted (MYCKET trött). Turns out, Wyn has bronchitis! We had a traumatic trip to läkaren (the doctor)...Wyn was freaking out so much she hyperventilated and it was our first experience with her blood being taken. I have now joined the ranks of every parent out there. Officially. Anyway, we have some meds for her and she is to stay home from dagis until Monday. We've been having lovely snuggles today and are really looking forward to Mom and Dad arriving tomorrow. At least now both Wyn and I will be home all day to greet them! Hooray!

In other news, I've been venturing out a bit more with my Swedish. I've been speaking more in our little town and I'm working on finding a language partner. The newest update is that I should be able to sit for the big national language test at the end of December (if I work really hard) and that should be a significant help with finding a job. I've also applied to a new school that opens in August. It's a Swedish school, but it emphasizes bilingualism and bullying prevention. It looks interesting, so we'll see how that goes. I heard about it from my friend Caroline. Oh! That reminds me we had Caroline, her wife Lotta, and their daughter Kira over for lunch on Sunday. It was the first time we've hung out as families and we really had a blast. Greg and I both agree they are the best set of friends we've met out here yet. We just ate, chatted, and watched the girls play. They even brought over some Swedish children's books for Wyn (and Greg and I...). Cool beans!
 photo IMG_3221_zpsb2d5e54b.jpg
Chillin' under the table.
 photo IMG_3223_zpsc905db7b.jpg
Daddy, what are you listening to?
 photo IMG_3226_zps2b707c1d.jpg
Hmm, did we need carrots?
 photo IMG_3227_zps4b527afd.jpg
Uh, are you going to help me get this on the counter or what?

5 comments:

  1. So darling...can't wait to shop with her!
    Love,
    Mom g

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm....everyone sure is bundled up!!!
    Love,
    Mom g
    packing long underwear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Wyn is feeling better. Give her a hug for all of us! Hope the rest of you stay well. If it makes you feel any better, Zach threw up again this morning at 6am for no apparent reason (thank goodness that he made it to the bathroom this time. I would hate to have to clean up someone else's house!!! I still had to do laundry cause he gagged so hard that he pooped on the bath mat. Joy! I guess I could have shared this on our blog, but so much fun to keep it a semi-secret- ha!!!!). He was totally fine after than for the rest of the day. Kids are soooo awesome! Hugs to you all! Have fun with your parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Poor little guy! (big guy...). Give him a hug for us, as well as the rest of you. Things are going well here, Mom and Dad are watching Wyn this afternoon so I can go to class. Wyn is loving having her grandparents here, so the bronchitis takes a backseat :)

      Delete