Monday, August 19, 2013

Settling Back In...

Så! We have now been back in Sweden a week and are are settled back into our routines. All students in Skåne go back to school today, myself included. Woohoo! Bring on the Swedish!

This weekend we just hung around Dalby and enjoyed the "calm" before our schedules get busy again. Dalby had a huge music festival and tivoli (carnival). It was really fun! Also hilarious, since we didn't really think Dalby was big enough for that sort of thing. We took tons of photos and they are below.

On Sunday, Greg and I cleared out the jungle formerly known as our backyard. Apparently we were gone for a month. It was insane back there. We are having my running buddies and thier families over for a cookout next weekend, so we need some room to walk around. Now we have it!

In other news, Tommi has inspired me to look into teaching spin classes again. I've had it in the back of my mind, but my certification is long expired and I didn't think my Swedish was good enough to get a job without certification. I've just applied for a training class at the Lund University gym. I didn't take it last year because it is all in Swedish. I'm not sure they'll let me in or not...since again, it's all in Swedish, but we'll see. If not this year, next year. It sure would be fun to teach a class here! I know enough Swedish words to teach a spin class (turn it up! faster!), but an anatomy-type course could be interesting...
 photo IMG_0200_zps326d5f6c.jpg
Wyn and Greg, both happy to be home after a long trip. This was the first full day back and Greg had just come home from work. Wyn was helping me cook...check out that apron!
 photo IMG_0201_zps5988f4dc.jpg
Wyn was completely enthralled with the rides. She was excitedly dancing around and screaming "Ooohhh!" Greg and I felt the same...crazy to see something like this in little 'ole Dalby.
 photo IMG_0206_zps8baab778.jpg
Greg won Wyn a hippo, whom she absolutely adores. Greg got a kick out of it and was telling us all about Dad2 doing the same for him (but it was a mouse) when he was younger. Cute!
 photo IMG_0207_zps38ab2c89.jpg
Celebrating the hippo victory with a little fika.
 photo IMG_0209_zpsae8aeb54.jpg
Greg was trying to get a nice family shot. I was trying to have more kanelbulle. 
 photo IMG_0211_zps5cd62367.jpg
Wyn and hippo, dancing to the music. There w as a jungle band playing, with a similar idea to the family concert we went to at Wolf Trap. It was really cute! Greg and Wyn hung out while I went grocery shopping. Apparently they sang the Swedish version of the Wheels on the Bus. After the song ended, Wyn yelled "EIEIO!" as a request. Hahhaa. 
 photo IMG_0216_zps7a642b4c.jpg
Wyn is less than thrilled with my dancing ability. Here you can get idea of the band behind me and the crowd. They are all in the square in front of our grocery store. Behind Greg are all the rides, games booths, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment