Sunday, June 1, 2014

Four Day Weekend!

Hej alla! We've had a busy and fun week topped off by a lovely four-day weekend. I'm pleased to announce my audition went well on Tuesday and I'll be teaching Actic Power (like BodyPump) in the fall. Hooray! And phew! What a relief :) Greg and Wyn were great cheerleaders and they even met me after the audition for a yummy pizza dinner.

Greg has been busy all week getting ready for his trip to Chile. He leaves on Tuesday and returns about two weeks later on Sunday the 15th. We will really miss him, so have been doing our best to have some quality time together before the trip.

Wyn seems to be a little kid all of a sudden. She's been getting much more adventurous on the playground and in general. She's been hilarious repeating things that we say. I think I already mentioned "ok half...here come singles!" from all my audition practice, but there are so many more. Of course now that I'm sitting here to write I can't think of a thing. She's been enjoying playing "Mommy" to Tilly, too.

We were invited to Caroline and Lotta's on Thursday to help the family celebrate Kira's fourth birthday. It was really special, since it was a family party (grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and us). It was neat to be invited and fun to be a part of things. I actually got in some Swedish practice and we've been invited to Caroline's parents' place sometime soon. It was funny being around all the kids and listening to what they think we sound like. It was actually kind of gross. Wyn says "banana" with an American accent now and it's embarrassing to think that's how we sound to her. Kira says "Wynter" with an American accent, and has started to say "jump" instead of "hoppa" as well. It's hilarious.

Hmm, what else? Greg ran 16km for the first time ever this week and totally rocked it. I think it was a nice stress-reliever in preparation for his trip. Go Greg!

Also, Greg and I went on a date last night! It was awesome! We had the babysitter arrive while Wyn was still awake (a first for us, though we tried it with Mom and Dad a couple weeks ago) and it went really well. We went to go see the new X-Men movie (can totally recommend it) and headed out for drinks afterwards. It was just fun to be out and about without a kid around and get the chance to chat with one another about random stuff. Ahh, marvelous!

Oh, we also shopped (ok, that doesn't make sense, but I'm leaving it in there to show how learning Swedish is messing up my English!) some new plants for our garden. Pictures below!

Wyn and I painted our nails purple in honor of Kira's birthday party.

Wyn was SO excited to have her nails painted. Adorable. She also has a cute new haircut (the first one we did outside of the bathtub, ha!).

Changing Tilly's poopy diaper.

Here are the bushes that face our front windows. Greg trimmed them last weekend and we added the flowers in the front. Hopefully they last!

Greg grilling this afternoon. (Kirsten, the burgers made us think of the party you and Jon threw us last summer!). You can see some new flowers behind him.

Probably hard to see, but whatever. There are flowers there. Seriously.

A few more in the back. Yay!

Wyn being a big girl. 

Soccer star.

Greg after his first 16km. It really is frustrating how he doesn't even look tired!

Greg recharged his old iPhone and gave it back to Wyn (she had been playing with it while it was dead) so she could take pictures. She's taking some really...uh...artsy shots and it's adorable. Here she is showing them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment