...the girls will play!
Actually, we really miss him. Greg left on Tuesday just after lunch and Wyn and I have been on our own for the week. We were lucky enough to have a nice long morning together before he caught a taxi to the airport (there was a train strike, so we couldn't head in together). Greg has arrived safely in Paranal and will be using the VLT (Very Large Telescope) for the first time in his career. He'll be updating the blog on his own, but while we wait, here is a link to where he is. The trailer on the homepage (toward the right) is awesome, definitely watch it. If you've seen the most recent Bond movie, Greg's housing for the next two weeks gets blown up at the end of the movie.
Wyn and I have been doing our best to keep busy while Greg has been away. This was my final week of Swedish class for the foreseeable future and I feel pretty darn great about that. I feel even better because I passed with a fairly high score. Hooray! My new goal in terms of Swedish is to simply practice speaking with colleagues, friends, etc, and try to read some Swedish books (that actually interest me) at home.
Caroline was away Tuesday and Wednesday so Lotta, Kira, and James came over for dinner both nights and we had a nice time distracting one another. Yesterday we had a playdate at the library with Kira's cousin, Signe, who has the exact same birthday as Wyn. Today we are headed to a barbeque once Wyn wakes up from her nap (It's Swedish national day today! We should all be flying Swedish flags!), tomorrow we are meeting Jenny and her family in Lund for a playdate, and on Sunday we're headed to an amusement park with Caroline, Lotta, and Kira. Those should all prove to be nice distractions for the long weekend without Greg. We're lucky to have made some nice friends here.
Here are some photos to keep everyone busy. When I uploaded them I had the opportunity to see some of the ones Greg has taken...AMAZING!!! I'll let him post them though. :)
Wyn and I doing shoulder exercises with the Actic Power video. Hehe.
Reading stories before bedtime. Greg took a picture because Wyn has been hilarious during story time lately. She reads along with us, cracking herself up, and sometimes speaking in a zombie voice.
Wyn "helping" with with the Actic Core video.
This was taken this morning. Wyn and I had a very busy morning...we ate breakfast, baked chocolate chip cookies for the barbeque, cleaned the entire house, did an Actic Power video...we were quite busy. While I was cleaning, Wyn was experimenting with water in the kitchen sink. She had a whole bunch of different vessels and was pouring water all sorts of places and having a blast :)

Who needs toys when you have a sink, water, and small kitchen stuff?! So glad to se Wynter enjoying the same pastime that her Dad and Aunt Tommi enjoyed as little ones. Greg had his GI Joes crashing in and out of mounds of suds for hours. Wet mess, but easy cleanup.
ReplyDeleteAwesome new bodypump move, the Wyn lift! Work those glutes! Three weeks till we are there. Yay!
ReplyDeleteMom2...yeah, it's awesome! I can totally imagine Greg doing that :) Tommi...we are SO excited!!!
ReplyDeleteToo cute! And I recognize those PJs :)
ReplyDelete