
I got a chance to go outside during a long exposure tonight to look at the stars. Since the Moon is currently down at the moment, it was very dark. The view was spectacular! The Milky Way looked like a cloud in the sky, and I could see both the Large and Small Magellanic Clouds (2 closest dwarf satellite galaxies to the Milky Way) very clearly. There are so many more stars in the Southern sky, since you're looking directly into the Galaxy here. It was quite a sight. And, I got to see a few shooting stars to put the icing on the cake!
By the way. I did not take the picture shown. That's done with a much better camera than I have.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that you got to see something so special and that most of us will never get to see except in pictures.
ReplyDeleteThe picture-of-the-day is pretty, too. Where does it tell what it is?
Love,
Mom G.
Wow! What a great blog site! It is beyond our imagination to understand how you (and Jenny) do all that you do! Love,
ReplyDeleteWow, your view must have been like the one Dad and I had the first time we went to Crater Lake -before they put lights around the lodge. Something you will remember forever. Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteCindy, click on the Astro. pic of the Day and an explanation will appear. Peggy
ReplyDeleteOoooh! Thanks! It worked! Cindy
ReplyDeletePeggy, if you and I did blogs, would there be a knitting picture of the day? or a travel site picture of the day? ...Cindy
ReplyDeleteMom and Cindy- the cool thing is that there is both (I just checked and they have both knitting and travel "gadgets" (As what they are referred to. AKA, the Astronomy pic of the day is a gadget)! -
ReplyDeleteI think it is really funny that we now have our family "conversations" on the blog rather than via email!
ReplyDeleteMe too! I love the blog!
ReplyDeleteCindy