Friday, September 17, 2010

Dr. Ruchti!!!

Well, as many of you already know, Greg successfully defended his thesis yesterday!!!!

We had a really fabulous day, and I definitely think I'm not exaggerating when I say I think it was one of the best days of Greg's life. I dropped him off in the morning and he was definitely pretty nervous. I ran some errands in the morning, then went back to help celebrate.

Mom and Dad showed up to cheer Greg on once he completed the defense. Rosie (his advisor) gave a nice toast, Greg gave a nice speech, and we all ate fajitas and cake. Mom and Dad then took us out for coffee to celebrate. In the evening, we met up with friends at Sliante, Greg's favorite bar in Baltimore. I surprised him with cupcakes and a congratulatory sign. All of our really good friends were able to show up and we really had a wonderful time. My brother Greg and his wife Annamieka were even able to make it. It was a great chance to say goodbye to people. All in all, when we drove home, we were both really happy.

Here are some pictures...
A blurry photo, but this shows everyone that was celebrating last night. The whole place was full of Greg's friends!

Greg and I eating the cupcakes before people arrive.

Greg posing by his sign :)

The cupcakes before getting devoured.


This is a picture I meant to post earlier. Greg and I took our niece and nephew (Nicole and Will) to the MD Science Center on Sunday. We had a really great time hanging out with them and showing them around the Science Center. In this picture, we are about to see Hubble 3D, a really awesome (and subject appropriate) IMAX movie.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Dr. Ruchti, really has a nice sound to it, but we will always remember you in your superman pajamas!!! Carol and Jim Sachse

    ReplyDelete