The wife will....well, pretty much do nothing. I've been feeling pretty awful this week, so I've spent most of the week at home on the couch. I DID venture out yesterday to meet Kristin for a picnic lunch in Englischer Garten...it was fantastic! It was an absolutely gorgeous day and it was great to just sit and relax. I also had another German first...I saw TONS of naked people sunning themselves. Awesome. I love how everyone is so open here! Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures (of the picnic lunch, not the naked people) but I hope to do it again and remedy the situation.
I also went to a "neighborhood coffee" at my new friend Georgia's house this morning. This is an event sponsored by my women's group. It was nice to see a few friendly faces before coming home to relax/be sick again. I had been planning on doing laundry tomorrow, but had completely forgotten about how holidays work over here. All the banks are closed until Tuesday so I can't get change for the machines and they are all shut off until then anyway. Oh well. Greg gets home late Saturday night (YAY!!!) and unfortunately it will be to stinky sheets. Hahaha!

Here is a shot of Greg holding his very first purchase at Viktualienmarkt. He bought some original Bayern brats and German potato salad...all in German! We then proceeded to walk our meat through the vegan festival that was going on in Marienplatz. Ha!

I've been able to spend mornings on our porch this week... just reading, relaxing, and enjoying the fabulous weather.
The balcony looks inviting! I can imagine coffee and a bagel - heavenly!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom g.