Sunday, September 16, 2012

Laufen im Munchen

Greg and Wyn cheered me on yesterday while I completed my very first 5K in Olympiapark. It was great fun and I am super proud! I even ran much faster than I thought I would (my goal was pretty much just to run the whole time). My end time was 29 minutes and 3 seconds. Hooray! I definitely understand why Tommi enjoys these things so much. I'm ready for more! Thanks to Greg and Wyn for being so loving and supportive!
 Greg and Wyn having a dance party in the kitchen...first daddy/daughter slow dance :)
 I'm excited because I just picked up my race packet and Wyn is excited because "Thriller" is playing in the background. Win win.
 In my race jersey. Ready, but nervous...Wyn is still dancing and eating her stroller.
 Here is a shot of some of the crowd. This is me, Maria, and Zoe...all from Munich Munchkins, my Wednesday baby group.
 Here is the Munchkins group that I ran with...Georgia, me, Maria, Zoe, and a few other women from the toddler group.
 Wyn giving me a celebratory hug after I finished the race. There was a private area for the runners at the finish line where we had water, watermelon, and alcoholfrei weissbier. The Germans are so prepared! As I was finishing my post-race snack I saw Wyn peeking over the high white walls...she had been sitting on Greg's shoulders at the finish line. I heard Greg yell my name right when I wanted to give up...super cool :)
 Georgia and I proudly displaying our time certificates. She ran in 27 minutes, which also surpassed her goal. The new plan is the London 10K in May. Yay! We are, by the way, sitting in the biergarten. It IS Germany, so of course there was a biergarten at the event. 
Wyn was such a trooper. Totally pooped by the end of the evening. Greg was fantastic, too. All the women left their things in our stroller while running...so the sea of pink ladies left Greg, Wyn, and a very full stroller in the dust. What a supportive and loving guy :)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! All three of you are troopers! Wyn even had "Tilly"? How cute!
    Love,
    Mom g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome! So that means you will totally kick my butt when we run together - you are faster than I am. I better ratchet it up a notch!!! :) I love the pink T's! too cool!!! Soooo proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete