Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Down with the Sickness

First, I should say...GO PACK!!! Greg actually stayed up until 4:30am yesterday to watch the game live (all while Skyping with Mom2). As much as I would have liked to join them, I definitely slept!

On Friday, we actually went to a sneak preview at one of the English movie theaters around here. It's really fun, because you don't know what movie you will see until it begins. I was shocked to see that is was "127 Hours", the movie about the hiker that has to cut his arm off, but it was actually really great and I definitely would not have seen it otherwise (too stressful), hence the usefulness and fun of a sneak-preview. Once the movie is done, you put your ticket stub in a container with either a smiley face, straight face, or sad face to rate the movie (we all chose smiley). It was definitely a fun experience and we look forward to doing it again.

The rest of the weekend was mostly spent recouping. We did go to coffee with Kristin, Brett, Corinna, and Julien. This was the first time all six of us got together. We had so much fun that we kept hanging out and went to a place that is known for their wiener schnitzel...definitely a place we will take all visitors in the future!

Greg and I FINALLY went to the doctor yesterday and were given his and hers antibiotics. Hahaha! Mine finish on Wednesday, Greg's at the end of the week. I actually went back to the doctor today to get my blood taken (my levels were apparently low yesterday) and wowed them with my attempt at asking for blood letting in German. Also, I've been getting funny emails from the doctor (he always emails my blood results). The most recent one actually said "Cool. CU later". Hahahaha!

One more German victory...in the laundry room. I was able to tell the nice old German dude that it was alright he was using the dryer "weil Ich bin krank und ich brauche schlafen". I had signed up for today, but needed a nap instead. Our conversation continued, rockily, but steadily. Woohoo!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! Now, both of you get better so you can get back to the serious business of finding us places to go and to eat when we visit!
    FYI - we sat with "the Pack" group at our Super Bowl party! Yay!

    Love,
    Mom g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were krank??!!
    Hard to believe you were cranky...........


    dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Mom...I love where you sat for the party :)
    @ Dad...ohmygoodness, I have no response ;)

    ReplyDelete