Tuesday, June 7, 2011

An update from Dad-to-be

Jenny usually gets the fun of telling everyone the latest about our little girl, but I thought I'd take a turn this time since she's teaching right now.  Today, we had the organ scan, and it was really fascinating.  First and foremost, it is now definite that we are having a girl, which I must say, I am really excited about.  Further, everything looks great and on track!  So, we are very excited that our little girl is healthy.

During the scan, we got to see all aspects of her heart, legs, hands, feet, brain, and face as well as many other organs.  It was cute to see that she was sucking her thumb during a bit of the scans.  It was also really neat when the doctor zoomed in on her face and we could see her open mouth and nose (pic below).  Jenny also made a follow-up appointment to get the ball rolling for registration for the actual delivery, and managed to snag a list of midwives in the area that she can contact about working with us.

All in all, it was a great appointment and we are so excited/relieved to see the our little girl is perfectly healthy (especially nice for Jenny to see to help her see the brighter side of the pregnancy).

I took a couple pictures of the printouts of the scans.  I suppose they came out ok.  Enjoy!

A nice side picture.

This was the printout of the close-up of her face wher you can see her open mouth and nose.

P.S. We have a name all picked out and ready to go, but we have not decided if we'll reveal her name just yet.

3 comments:

  1. Yep, I can really tell that these are not pictures of star data - although, she will certainly be a family star! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - never too many granddaughters to spoil!
    Nordstroms will be SO happy.
    Now, Greg, keep on taking such good care of MY little girl while she is busy creating YOURS!!!!

    love,
    dad g.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom2...so true! I've never seen a star with a nose and mouth...closest maybe is the man in the moon?

    Dad...awww :) BIG HUGS AND KISSES!!!

    ReplyDelete