Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cooking Class

"It's OK, because your job is to cook and clean...although you don't really clean and you just started cooking..."
-Greg, as he was offering to help do something last night

With that in mind (and keeping in mind the fact that Snickers candy bars have become my new best friend), I took a prenatal cooking class this week. I absolutely loved it! Who knew cooking could be so much fun? I came home from the class with 3 healthy recipes and countless tips on healthy eating before and after pregnancy. I had a great time going through the grocery store and picking up random ingredients that I never would have thought twice about before. I then proceeded to cook all day...
Greg came home to see me proudly standing over my creations...and also to a huge mess on the floor that I hadn't had the chance to clean up yet.
I made chickpea crepes and bulgur salad. In the back are some roasted zucchini and eggplant for the crepes and to the right is the bulgur salad.
We were both pleasantly surprised by how filling (and super tasty) everything was. We also figured since our dinner was so healthy we were entitled to an extra chocolate chip cookie (also made yesterday) for dessert :)


No comments:

Post a Comment