Greg and I had an absolutely fantastic evening last night! Greg, Dad, and our friend Pete went to see two soccer games and had a marvelous time. I'll let Greg post on that, but I couldn't help posting the picture of him and Dad in front of the stadium. While the boys went to the game, Mom and I went over to Kristin's house for what I thought was dinner. I was shocked beyond belief to realize it was actually a surprise baby shower for me! Words simply cannot describe the wave of emotions I've felt since then. I had been trying not to think about baby showers, since I "knew" that was a big right of passage I would miss by having our little girl over here. Our family and friends truly pulled through and I am still completely astounded and overwhelmed. I feel so completely blessed to have such a lovely core of friends here and such loving family and friends back home. Hooray! I'm flubbing the description because I'm too emotional, but here are some great photos of the evening...

Me, Mom, and Kristin. We had just arrived and I'm clearly in shock (and embarrassed that I didn't put on the dress Mom had been urging me to wear for the evening).

Karin, Liz, and Georgia...my lovely friends that were sitting on Kristin's couch waiting to surprise me. Yay!
I can't believe how small the newborn diapers are! Kristin's beautiful centerpiece was also quite functional :)

Mom helping daughter and granddaughter with gifties :)

Karin and I perusing the English storybooks.



Hello Jenny,
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures of the baby shower. We did get something for Wynter and it will be there before she is I hope lol. Kisses and Hugs to all!!!
Love Becky
Oooohhh, thanks for thinking of us!
ReplyDelete:)
Love,
Jenny (and Wynter and Greg)