This day should be re-named "Puke-Fest". At my school, we have been celebrating Purim both yesterday and today. Yesterday we celebrated by having a backwards/upside-down day. I happily came to school wearing both my skirt and top inside-out and backwards, and my socks over my boots. Feeling festive, I pranced into school in a good mood. Then the puking started.
I had 6-8th grades all gathering in my classroom to begin the day (the other middle school teacher was scheduled to come in late). I was having a "discussion" with a wayward 7th grader outside my room when his eyes began to bulge out of his skull. One of my 6th graders had proceeded to vomit all over herself, the floor, and her locker. I quickly ushered him back in the classroom and did my best to help my mortified, sick, and miserable puking student. She had it EVERYWHERE and continued to splash down the hall on the way to the ladies room. There, I got her cleaned up (even wiped down her shoes) and brought her to the office to get picked up. I then made my way back to the classroom in time to almost lose it from the smell (nothing had been cleaned up yet). I came back in to the now unsupervised kiddies and quarantined them in the classroom until everything was clean.
After that, the day went swimmingly...I even had a flour fight while making hamentashen with the four graders, convincing them you truly don't look like a chef unless you have flour all over you.
Greg meanwhile, insisted I had a shower immediately once we returned home :)
Wow, I'm impressed. Had I been the teacher, I would have puked right along with my student. Just ask Greg and Tommi - they got sick, I got sick. What fortitude you have Jenny. Love, Mom2
ReplyDelete