Monday, February 15, 2010

Couldn't Be Happier


Kaffe and Kuchen...complete with water and a chocolate chocolate chip cookie (unexpected bonus)!

HUGE burger (with a flag inside saying just that) and huge beer.

Well, I finally had a chance to get out again for lunch (was STARVING, so didn't want to go too far) and since it was already 3pm, most places right by the hotel were closed. I went to this local place and had lunch while I planned the next couple fabulous days :)

Greg is having a great time at the Institute so far (hooray!) and I look forward to hearing more soon. What I HAVE heard is that many people live in Schwabing, so I spent lunch looking it up. I can hardly wait to check it out! It looks amazing! Woohoo!

Also, to answer the questions about my hat...I certainly did wear it! The cab driver (from Turkey, and my new friend in Munich) loved it as did the fabulous secretary at the Bavarian International School. Alas, the people interviewing me did not get a chance to see it.

6 comments:

  1. Nice burger! It is huge - but I don't see anything but crumbs left in the second photo!
    Nice frites, too.
    I am SO jealous.
    Enjoy your visit - Are you planning any activities besides eating??!! Not that isn't s good plan - just wondering.

    Know you guys are a perfect fit for the opportunities there - but have a feeling you both will shine regardless of the next jobs you find!
    love ya

    dad g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know those two seem to find the party no matter where it is! Dad2 is on the first leg of his journey to Cern. Too bad the 3 of them won't be closer. Love, Mom2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks amazing. I'm glad you are having such a wonderful time. Your hat fits right in with all the crazy costumes. I just love reading all your updates from Germany and hope you might hear some good news before you come home. Plus, you've inspired me to update my blog again. Be sure to check it soon, especially since I think you're the only one who reads it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kirsten, I read your blog too!!!!Loved your comments on China :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys all rock. Having these comments helps me to feel like we are all experiencing the trip together. Yay!

    ReplyDelete