Sunday, October 10, 2010

Contest

I thought I would move Greg's plea from a family email to a full out blog entry. Perhaps some good ideas will come our way :)

I am in need of help. We are starting a huge project in our group to set up a special web program so that stellar astrophysicists could send (via a web interface) their spectra and absorption line measurements for their stars, and we would do all of the abundance analysis for them using automated pipelines, etc. Basically this is a great way to get all future abundance work on the same scales.

Anyway, Martin has offered a bottle of champagne to the person who comes up with the best name for the project. His initial name was "The Stellar Abundance Clearinghous (SAC)", which everyone in the group thought was bad. So, I thought I'd send an email to y'all for suggestions! Preferably, the name should have a good acronym.

Let the fun begin!

2 comments:

  1. Ok Greg, I'll play. And you know this is really tough for me since I hate space. But here goes.

    Shared
    Portal for
    Abundance
    Communication
    Efforts

    Shared
    Tracking of
    Abundance
    Recordings

    And because those were too cute, here are a few real winners:

    Facility for
    Abundance
    Recording
    Talk

    Abundance
    Data
    Online
    Research
    Kommunikation

    Normalization of
    Abundance
    Recording
    Data
    Source

    or similarly

    Geeks'
    Online
    Normalization of
    Abundance
    Data
    Service

    Bring on the bubbly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete