Well, I started off the day by meeting Greg's boss' wife, Liesel for a morning trip to IKEA. We had a lovely time chatting in the cafeteria and walking around the store. I was expecting the trip to be purely a leisure activity, but I came home with some really useful tips, too! For example, who knew when buying a bed you have to make sure to ask if the lattenrost is included. If not, you have the frame and the mattress, but nothing on which to rest the mattress. I had a really great time chatting with her, and I was grateful to learn more about someone else's experiences settling in around this area. I've also decided it may be a good idea to walk around with a pen and paper handy, because I'm often receiving tips from the people I meet.
After meeting with Liesel, I headed directly south of the city to the Stadtbibloithek. This is a small library that recently lost their English-speaking volunteer. Well, after today's visit I'm now signed up to come by about twice a month to read a story and teach a mini-lesson to kids ages 4-7. I'm really looking forward to it! It should be a fun way to get involved in the area and get to know the people a bit better.
I'm also currently on a mad search for English speaking doctors...wish me luck!
A picture of me happily riding the U-bahn home. Yes, I'm a dork.
Two pictures of Mad Men posters I've seen around EVERYWHERE. I finally decided the only way to figure out what they say is to take a picture and decode it in the comfort of my own home (and the usefulness of Google Translate). I know Dawn really likes this show, so I was curious...if you want to know, the one on the left says, "Introducing the role of women" and the one on the right says, "Behind every successful woman, there is a man..." The rest of that one is a little fuzzy, but its something inappropriate about a butt, I think. Anyway, my curiosity has been satiated and there is the German lesson of the day.

.jpeg)
All is fascinating. Definitely good to learn about the lattenrost! The library looks wonderful - can't wait to see it and what a great volunteer activity!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom
Volunteering is such a nice way to get out and meet people. The kids will adore you. Wait a minute, don't you think it might be neat to sleep looking up to the sides of the bed - no falling out of it?!
ReplyDeleteLove and hugs
That is so totally awesome! Jenny I am so proud of you - jetting all over the place, learning stuff, volunteering. SOOOOOOO awesome!!!! (Proud of Greg too- but you are totally my hero for geting around by yourself!!!!) Can't wait to talk this weekend!
ReplyDeleteBy the way- I apparently can't spell/type :)
ReplyDeleteThanks again, ladies! And CONGRATULATIONS Tommi!!!! By the way...what is wrong with me that I can't seem to see what you have misspelled/mistyped?
ReplyDelete