Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Nice - Day 1

Aloha all.  Well I made it to Nice yesterday just in time for all the rain.  When we arrived, Luca and I took a bus from the airport to the main bus station near the Acropolis.  We then proceeded to walk through many alleyways full of shops and bakeries (Jenny is going to absolutely love it!!) to our hotel.

We then took a walk around the town to gain our bearings and find out exactly where the workshop will be.  Pictures from that walk are below.  During our walk, we stopped for bruschetta and a beer.  Since we were unfamiliar with French beers (not sure why Luca wasn't, he lived in Paris for 3 years), we just picked one called the Monaco.  Turns out is was beer and cherry juice...  Never again.

We came back to relax a bit at the hotel, and then I went out with Luca and his former advisor for dinner, which was great.  We went to a seafood restaurant on the port.  I had mussels in a white wine sauce with onions and pesto, and a side of fries (just for you, Dad).  I topped it off with some creme brulee afterwards.

Anyway, I am meeting Luca for breakfast at the hotel this morning, and then we will head to the workshop.  Today looks to be a gorgeous day.  Can't wait to walk around!

A picture of the port, but also the large hill can be seen as the backdrop. 

This is for all of my family members who are afraid of heights.  This high-dive platform sure does look enticing... 

Another shot of the port from a distance. 

 Cool houses along the shore.  The conference center is just to the left out of the picture.

A cool thing, although I'm not sure what it is yet.  Rain was beginning to pour down so I didn't get a chance to stop and look for very long.

 A picture from the hotel window at night.

Same view, this morning.

3 comments:

  1. aah - French food! All looks great! Enjoy!
    Love,
    Mom G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely. Can't wait to hear and see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Akkk! I can hardly wait to get over there!!!

    ReplyDelete