While Greg has been gone this week, I have been doing my best to keep myself busy and not super-jealous of the Croatia trip :) I signed us up for the gym, finished up my November German course, met Kristin for coffee (never seem to get a picture there though...) and have been busily preparing for Lynn and Sundar's Thanksgiving visit. Also, today is the day Greg gives his first post-PhD talk...wish him luck!!!

This is a friend of mine from my German class. We ran into each other yesterday after running errands after class, so we decided to go get a mug of Gluhwein to celebrate our German brilliance (um, or confusion). Here, we are standing on top of a little balcony overlooking the ice-skating rink that is in Karlsplatz for Advent. If you look closely, you can see kids on the left-hand side skating with bears...sort of like ice-skate walkers, you hold onto the bear as you go. The bear is wearing sunglasses and skis....hilarious!

Here is a shot of my German class out for coffee after our test on Tuesday (Dienstag). We went, had coffee, and played a game...all in German!
Dude! I needed one of those bears when I was learning (or failing) to skate. Course here in Houston they have never heard of ice skating- ha!
ReplyDeleteThis is the only place I have ever lived where you can turn on the heat AND the air conditioning in the same day!