Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Small Victories

Well, I'm still not feeling well, but I did have two lovely victories today:

1) I went to the gym with Greg this morning. I haven't done that since I was about 5 weeks pregnant. I swam for an hour and it was lovely. I got a couple funny looks since I was using a floaty for a lot of it, but whatever...that's all I can manage. It was just fun to have our gym date again. Hooray!

2) I went to my first Mum's-to-be meeting for lunch today. I had a fabulous time and met lots of nice ladies. There were about 10 of us there at varying stages of pregnancy, two of which just had babies. It was nice to have a group social outing with people that weren't in their fifties (hehe) and it was great to get to know some other new moms. I look forward to going to this again, definitely. They meet every Wednesday at a different place in the city. Cool beans!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for your victories!!!!! So glad you met up with fellow Moms-to-be. Much better than hearing all the over 50ers talking all the time. Now you can keep up with what's new for babies. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Yeah, it's funny...it's sortof like when I was making friends with married guys, since they happened to be the only people I knew. Mom kept telling me it wasn't useful, and I was saying I was looking for friends wherever I could get them. The ladies I meet in the club are really nice and I do have fun with them, but there is something to be said about hanging out with people your own age or in similar life circumstances...most of the people on my women's group outings have kids my age, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends come in all shapes and sizes! I agree with wise Mom2!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete