Well, since I've not been feeling well and Blogger has been out of commission, I haven't really been doing any updates. I'll try and do a mini overview to catch up to today. First of all, thanks so much for your loving thoughts and hugs. I'm still not feeling well, but I'm definitely in better spirits than I was during my last post. Hooray!
Last weekend, Greg and I went to the Auer Dult festival, which was fun and fascinating. It apparently happens four times a year and takes place in Mariahilfsplatz, a part of the city we had yet to explore until this point. The festival had a fascinating mix of things. There was everything from booths for infomercial-type things ("magic" spot cleaner, car cleaners, etc.), crafts, antiques, kitchen items, clothing...it was fun and random all at the same time. There was also food (of course), a mini-carnival, and some older Germans dancing. Greg was in charge of the camera and was only able to catch the few below.
This week was interesting and full all at the same time. The beginning of the week was mostly miserable and I even had Kristin teach my Tuesday class for me because I just could not get off the couch to do anything but vomit. I did force myself out of the house for a couple fun things though...one, a trip to the Botanischer Garten, with the Munich International Women's Club and two...two trips to the gym! I officially doubled my gym visits in the past two months by going for a swim twice this week, Hooray! It was a refreshing reminder that not only does it feel good to dunk your head in a pool when you feel feverish, but I am also in need of a new bathing suit so I don't look like a man with a beer belly in a too-small shirt. Ha!
Two more things...Greg and I have almost officially signed up for labor and delivery classes, which will start in August. It was tough to find them in English, but we have and everything looks good. Also, we are going to Ljubljana, Slovenia for the week next week so Greg can give a talk and I can explore. Woohoo!!!
Last weekend, Greg and I went to the Auer Dult festival, which was fun and fascinating. It apparently happens four times a year and takes place in Mariahilfsplatz, a part of the city we had yet to explore until this point. The festival had a fascinating mix of things. There was everything from booths for infomercial-type things ("magic" spot cleaner, car cleaners, etc.), crafts, antiques, kitchen items, clothing...it was fun and random all at the same time. There was also food (of course), a mini-carnival, and some older Germans dancing. Greg was in charge of the camera and was only able to catch the few below.
This week was interesting and full all at the same time. The beginning of the week was mostly miserable and I even had Kristin teach my Tuesday class for me because I just could not get off the couch to do anything but vomit. I did force myself out of the house for a couple fun things though...one, a trip to the Botanischer Garten, with the Munich International Women's Club and two...two trips to the gym! I officially doubled my gym visits in the past two months by going for a swim twice this week, Hooray! It was a refreshing reminder that not only does it feel good to dunk your head in a pool when you feel feverish, but I am also in need of a new bathing suit so I don't look like a man with a beer belly in a too-small shirt. Ha!
Two more things...Greg and I have almost officially signed up for labor and delivery classes, which will start in August. It was tough to find them in English, but we have and everything looks good. Also, we are going to Ljubljana, Slovenia for the week next week so Greg can give a talk and I can explore. Woohoo!!!
A shot across the pond of the Alps section in the Botanischer Garten. It's pretty cool, because it shows the different plants that grow in different sections of the Alps. Definitely makes me want to head out to the mountains soon!
This is the entrance to the Botanischer Garten..apparently this garden is 100 years old. Neato.

Beautiful church in Mariahilfsplatz that I could tell you the name of if our internet was working better. The festival was surrounding the church. Greg loved it :)

This is the only other shot of the Auer Dult...Greg couldn't resist getting a picture of me eating, since I was doing it the entire time. If you look close, I'm in a yellow top ordering latkes (can't remember the German name right now)...yum!
I'm so sorry you still feel icky! The kids and I have been sick for the past week too, so I haven't been on Skype at all (but I guess you haven't either)
ReplyDeleteHope this Friday marks the magic week mark where you start feeling the "2nd trimester" reprieve from all the discomfort!
-MD Mary