We had a wonderful rest of the weekend after kicking it off so nicely with our Friday night date! On Saturday, we did some shopping to update Greg's work wardrobe a bit and make him slightly more professional looking (and ever so much cuter). We went to H&M and C&A (which, incidentally, should be renamed Cheap and Amazing instead of Cheap and Awful). Greg now has some nice polos and a few more nice button down shirts...a nice beginning! He left for work today looking very handsome in his new clothes! After shopping we came home for a rest, since I'm still not feeling too well.
On Sunday, we headed to Frühlingsfest (Spring Festival) with Kristin and Brett and had a great time! It is known as the little Oktoberfest and is set on the same grounds. We enjoyed lunch at the beer garden and wandered around a bit...still having fun despite a little rain! We were then able to come home and have some nice Skype sessions with Dawn, Tommi and family, and Mom2 and Dad2. Hooray! Zach was super excited to discuss all the food I was providing for his new cousin (he seemed to notice I was stuffing my face during our conversation).
Kristin and I going down the big slide in burlap sacks. Double click on the picture to see how excited we are. I was SO happy to convince them this was an ok activity for a pregnant lady. I thought my sheer size would make me go faster...but I actually was pretty slow and didn't even make it to the end without having to push myself. Ha!
Brett demonstrating how you eat a 1/2 meter bratwurst...very carefully.
Unfortunately, you can't see my belly in this shot as much as we had hoped. We thought it was hilarious to have me looking like a big preggo and drinking a huge Maß of beer. Don't worry...it is completely non-alcoholic! It was so tasty, in fact, that I was nervous at first they had given me the wrong kind! Oh and of course...what Maß of non-alcoholic beer would be complete without a 1/2 meter bratwurst?
Are you taking care of our grandchild properly??????? Did she like the terrifying ride?
ReplyDeleteLove,
Queen Mother G.
Don't worry, the little wurst loved every second :) She definitely would not have loved any of the ACTUAL rides though.
ReplyDelete