Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Job Possibility...
So, I just got off the phone with a really nice lady in charge of a university admissions counseling center here. She is interested in hiring me as a tutor. We chatted for quite a while and now the ball is in my court (well, mine and Greg's). Kids, of course, are in school during the day so it would require late afternoons (I said I was willing to go until 7 at the latest) and some weekends (4 hours a weekend, every other weekend). The evenings aren't too big of a deal, because it would only be about two a week and Greg doesn't really get home until 7 or so anyway. The weekends are the question. Any thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What's the pay and how bad would you feel walking away on them if it isn't working for you? You don't have to actually tell me the pay, but keep in mind that it needs to be high enough to compensate you for weekends when an opportunity comes up to travel or do something fun and you can't because you "have to work". You know what I'm getting at my fellow economist :)
ReplyDeleteAk! I can't believe I didn't see this until now! I've been checking this part religiously to see if anyone had any advice. Well, I actually just finished sending the email to say I'm NOT taking it. I agree with everything you said and that was my biggest decision maker. I'd hate to take a job and miss out on an opportunity because I "have to work". It's one thing if it is a really big job, but for a couple hours a week I'd kick myself for missing out on some experiences I may not get the opportunity to have later on. I feel really lucky to be in a position where I can look at things that way. If we were still in Maryland, I would have added the job to the pile without hesitation. Interesting.
ReplyDeleteI know - I think this is one of the first times in the history of our friendship that you have not held multiple jobs. I think it's a good thing! Glad the other one came through!
ReplyDelete